Thursday, January 19, 2012

Asking for Help

I have been getting the question a lot. What can we do to help? When I am asked this question I do not have an answer. It kind of catches me off guard and I can not think of things that people can help with. So I thought I would think about it ahead of time and post it here. This is a very hard thing for us to do. We are not the type of people to ask for help. It is hard for us to even let people help out. I have started to come to terms with it and have realized that it is okay to have help.  I am still probably not going to call people up and say hey come help me. I just can not seem to get over this part, but if you are wanting to help out and are free and have nothing better to do then this is what we could use help with...

When Jim is out of town I could use a little break during the week either to go to the grocery store, or get other needed supplies for the house or even tap a little nap. Especially if Matt continues to not sleep very well at night. 

If anyone feels so inclined I could sue help with vacuuming, mopping, sweeping and all that good stuff. I am able to stay on top of dishes and laundry. Even if it may appear that I am not. I can do a load of laundry a day and stay on top of it pretty well. I am able to do the dishes after meals and when preparing Matt's feeds. So I don't need as much help with this stuff.

When Jim is gone I could use a meal or a visitor to come by to make sure I have not gone completely insane. As I am not able to get out of the house. We can not go out in public (i.e. grocery stores, malls, bank etc..) We can go to other people's houses if and only IF no one is sick. 

I think this pretty much sums it up of what I could use help with. Again, I will probably not call you to ask for help, so if you have a few extra minutes in your busy days and want to come by and help it would be greatly appreciated. 

So that is pretty much the gist of it. I hope this helps anyone who wants to help and doesn't know how. You can also just call and come by anytime, we are more then likely home. 

Thank you in advance,
Jaime

3 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

I would gladly scrub your toilets and cook your dinners if I lived nearby.

You are so brave to ask for exactly what you need. I hope friends of other CDH families read this and find ways to reach out too.

Janel said...

Please send me your contact info: rubadub@q.com. I have family in Boise. My nephew is a CDH survivor. He's 10 now! www.cdh.embarque.com

Janel said...

Sorry: www.cdh.embarqspace.com